Within a Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) supported project, the Department of Psychology, Clinical Psychology and Epidemiology, University of Basel (Prof. Dr. Roselind Lieb), is looking for applicants for a Post-doc position (100%).
The position is limited to four years and the earliest starting date is September 1st, 2023.
The project: The project will investigate the effects of an online interpretative bias modification training targeting dysfunctional interpretations in individuals who experience frequent and impairing unwanted intrusive thoughts. The training aims to reduce the negative emotional responses to stressful situations in vulnerable individuals and might ultimately supplement cognitive-behavioral therapy for obsessive-compulsive disorder. The project is embedded in international collaborations with the Institute of Psychiatry, London, and Radboud University, Nijmegen.
The tasks of the successful applicant include
- Conducting research in the area of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- In particular implementation of on online experimental study funded by the SNSF
- Recruitment of participants
- Clinical interviews (SCID) and assessment of patients
- Data collection, management and analyses
- Writing for scientific publications
- Assisting with the overall study procedures
- Presenting findings at national and international conferences
- An excellent doctoral degree in Psychology
- Excellent English (oral and written) language skills, and preferably also German language skills
- Experiences with the implementation and analyses of experimental research designs
- An excellent foundation in research methodology and statistics related to experimental designs
- International peer reviewed publications in a related area
- Experience in the structured assessment of patients (SCID)
- Willingness to travel to the recruitment clinics
We offer you
The successful applicant will benefit from excellent working conditions such as a competitive salary, an inspiring, internationally recognized working group and additional funding for conference travel. The University Town of Basel is located in the tri-border area of Switzerland, Germany and France and is well known for its international character, stimulating atmosphere and its high quality of life.
Application / Contact
If you are interested, please send one single pdf document by June, 30st, 2023, to catherine.coste(at)unibas.ch with the subject “Application for Post-Doc Position, CBM“.
Please address your application to Dr. Karina Wahl and include a cover letter, describing your motivation to pursue a Post-Doc career, your CV, copy of degrees, and a letter of recommendation. For more information please don't hesitate to contact karina.wahl(at)unibas.ch.
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://jobs.unibas.ch/offene-stellen/post-doc-position/f9d064cd-5537-4341-97e8-4ffd4928b013 abrufbar.